Farm-to-Table Raw & Cooked Plant-Based Cooking Class
Hosted by award-winning Arizona Cookbook Author, Melanie Albert and Farmer Billy Anthony at The Farm at South Mountain
We’ve all heard the terms: farm-to-table, eat local, eat with the season, and plant-based. This fun, hands-on, interactive cooking class is your opportunity to experience this exciting way of cooking first-hand in the beauty of The Farm at South Mountain with Farmer Billy Anthony, and plant-based intuitive cooking expert, Melanie Albert.
Behind the Scenes: What’s Growing? The week before the cooking class experience, Melanie and Billy will walk through the Soil & Seed Garden at The Farm and begin to determine the food to harvest for the class, including all kinds of roots, greens, herbs, edible flowers, and other surprises. The morning of the class, Billy and his team will harvest the beautiful fresh produce. A few hours later, you’ll be creating a few beautiful, tasty, healthy dishes with the just-harvested food.
Plant-Based Farm-to-Table Class Highlights
- Tour the Soil & Seed Garden with Billy and see where the food for the class was harvested.
- During the hands-on cooking, Melanie will guide you to prepare the farm-fresh produce with simple culinary techniques, some raw and some cooked.
- Learn the techniques and intuitive create your own Green Soup Soup, Cauliflower Salad, and Raw Dessert.
- Learn key tips and techniques to plate your culinary creations beautifully.
- Enjoy your beautiful culinary creations in the beauty of The Farm with your new foodie community!
Date & Time
February 22, 2020
11:00AM - 1:00PM
The Farm at South Mountain 6106 S 32nd St Phoenix 85042 AZ US https://www.naturalaz.com/businesses/az-phoenix-the-farm-at-south-mountain