Farm-to-Table Early Spring Plant-Based Cooking Class
With Award-Winning Arizona Cookbook Author, Melanie Albert and Farmer Billy Anthony at The Farm at South Mountain
Curious about farm-to-table cooking? Plant-based eating? Eating with the season?
Experience authentic farm-to-table plant-based cooking alongside award-winning cookbook author Melanie Albert of Experience Nutrition and Farmer Billy Anthony, Lead Grower at The Farm at South Mountain, Phoenix, Arizona.
We’ve all heard the terms: farm-to-table, eat local, eat with the season, and plant-based. This fun, hands-on, interactive cooking class is your opportunity to experience this exciting way of cooking first-hand in the beauty of The Farm at South Mountain with Farmer Billy Anthony, and plant-based intuitive cooking expert, Melanie Albert.
The week before the cooking class experience, Melanie and Billy will walk through the Soil & Seed Garden at The Farm and begin to determine the food to harvest for the class, including all kinds of roots, greens, herbs, edible flowers, and other surprises.
A little about the class:
- The morning of the class, Billy and his team will harvest the beautiful fresh produce.
- A few hours later, you’ll be creating a few beautiful, tasty, healthy dishes with the just-harvested food. During the hands-on class, you’ll tour the Soil & Seed Garden with Billy and see where the food was harvested.
- Melanie will then guide you to prepare the farm-fresh seasonal produce with simple culinary techniques, some raw and some cooked.
- You’ll learn key tips and techniques to plate your culinary creations beautifully.
- You’ll then enjoy your beautiful plant-based creations in the beauty of The Farm with your new foodie community!
- We invite you to come to the class open to new, beautiful foods, and your creativity and imagination.
Date & Time
March 28, 2020
11:00AM - 1:00PM
The Farm at South Mountain 6106 S 32nd St Phoenix 85042 AZ US https://www.naturalaz.com/businesses/az-phoenix-the-farm-at-south-mountain